Call us for the latest prices
Tour Type: Regional Tour
Brochure Type: Exotics 2014
Collectively known as the Golden Triangle, the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur showcase India’s rich Mughal and Rajput heritage - imposing forts, sumptuous palaces and gleaming marble temples and tombs, such as the exquisite Taj Mahal.
Tour Pace: This tour reveals all the classic highlights of the Golden Triangle in just one week and there is an early start for the train, so, at times, it may feel a little lively. However, the travelling distances are not great and the alluring array of sights are perfectly balanced with ample relaxation time.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Delhi: Enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through Old Delhi's Chandni Chowk market. Stop for a photo at the Red Fort. Visit the Mahatma Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat. Explore Jama Masjid, India’s largest mosque.Tour the wide boulevards of New Delhi. Drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past India Gate and Parliament House. Visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun. Visit one of the colourful local temples.
- Agra: Witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you make your way through the city. Group picture at the Taj Mahal.
- Jaipur: See the ‘Hawa Mahal’ (The Palace of Winds). Visit the City Palace, housing a fabulous art collection. Visit the Jantar Mantar, a royal observatory of architectural astronomical instruments.
- Samode: Explore Samode Palace, seeing the brilliant Diwan-I-Khas and enjoy the folk dances of Rajasthan.
PREMIUM HOTELS AND LOCATIONS
- Samode Bagh: One of Rajasthan's most memorable experiences! Stay in luxurious, tented accommodationamid 20 acres of Mughal style gardens. Enjoy elegantly furnished, air-conditioned rooms, with marble en-suite bathrooms and all mod cons. The muslin ceiling is printed with golden motifs that reach up to a tented peak. Outside, engage with nature in the garden or join in the warm buzz of the main pavilion.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Agra: Visit the Taj Mahal, a monument of love, built by a king in memory of his beloved queen.
- Agra: Inside Agra’s red sandstone fortress, witness the fairy-tale palaces, audience halls and mosquesof the Mughal rulers.
- Fatehpur Sikri: Visit this deserted imperial city, dramatically abandoned a few years after it was built.
- Amber Fort: Ascend by Jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and thewonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Delhi: Join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
- Laxmi Vilas Palace: Enjoy the warm hospitality and excellent food during your Highlight Lunch.
- Samode Palace: Enjoy a Celebration Gala Dinner under the stars, including drinks, amid the opulentsurroundings.
Included Quality Dining
- A Welcome Reception with drinks and Welcome Dinner
- 6 Buffet Breakfasts, 1 Highlight Lunch, 1 Celebration Dinner
Included First Class Services
- Escorted by one of Insight’s expert Tour Directors - your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Ride the Shatabdi Express train from Delhi to Agra in air-conditioned chair class.
- Baggage handling everywhere on tour, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel
- Hotel and restaurant tips included - you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for coins or banknotes
- Free Wi-Fi in most hotel rooms or lobbies - click here for hotel details
- Insight Flourishes - from time to time your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination
- Travel in comfort and style on our modern, air-conditioned luxury touring coaches and minbuses.
- Mineral water on the coaches as well as during meals at hotels and restaurants.
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on the first and last day of yourescorted journey